Looking for a PR & Marketing intern / indie games
We’re recruiting for a paid, remote, entry level position on a fixed-term contract. Experience in the games industry is not required, but applicants will need to demonstrate that they have the skills and aptitude we’re looking for.
We would like to encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates in particular.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Organised and enjoys creating order from chaos
- Comfortable in spreadsheets and likes them to be pretty
- Interested in the indie side of games, as we work very differently to AAA
- Generally familiar with how social media platforms, games press and influencers work
- Happy sending and replying to lots of emails/DMs etc in a timely manner
- UK based – outside applications are currently a bit more difficult, brexit 🙁
Some more details of the job:
- This is a paid position and you will be treated as a full member of the team
- We all work remotely and have daily meetings over voice chat which you would also attend (please let us know in your application if there is a reason this isn’t possible for you).
- The contract length is 6 months
- Hours are 9-5 GMT with an hour lunch break, Monday to Friday
- Closing date for applications is 25h January
- Position starts: as soon as possible
- You will be expected to play some games on PC, but you won’t need a high end gaming PC.
If you would like to apply, please do all this:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Attach a cover letter explaining why you think you would be a good fit for this role with examples relating to the list above
- Tell us about an indie game you have played, what you liked about it and why you chose it over all the other games you could have played instead
- Don’t tell us how old you were when you started playing games
Pls say hi!